Saturday 28 June 2008

Reception

While we were in the States for our three week visit, my parents had a reception so that my friends and family would have a chance to meet my new husband. I wish that I had thought to take my guest book along so that I could have had a record of who attended our second reception. It was a wonderful day with friends and family coming from near and far. The only close family member absent was my niece, Mandy, and her family, who live in Georgia. My brother and his family made the journey from Kansas. All of my uncles and aunts as well as four of my cousins and three of their children were present. Two of my mom's cousins even came all the way from Kentucky! Pastor and Mrs. Morgan, whom I worked with in Berlin, made the journey from their home in southern Pennsylvania. It was a truly special day. Please forgive my over-indulgence on the number of photographs that I am about to share from such a wonderful day.


Sam, Mark, and Monica

Mark, Ralph, and Dad Their was a program at the reception, and 'Ralph' did an excellent job. I think that he may be the most talked-about part of the day!

Gram playing my childhood favourite, the Assurance March

M and M

Dad, Uncle Donald, we four, and cousin Jessie

Dad, Mom, Uncle Donald, Aunt Judy

the four Roger Hain kid's with their spouses

Jack, Cindy, Monica, Nina

Mrs. Morgan, Pastor Morgan, Mark, and Monica

Levi in front of Grandpa and Grandma Hain's house

family basketball game

family basketball game

family relaxing on porch after reception

all of the Gingrich's (mom's side) in attendance



Sister Nina sings 'No Less Than Me'
One of my favourite songs.

No comments: